Thursday, June 19, 2008

Culture Shock

Ok, so I now realize I got totally spoiled living in Santa Ana where every store imaginable was practically across the street. Here, the closest city is Chico which is about a 15 to 20 minute drive. Alright, so that doesn't sound like a lot, but driving for that long through nothing but trees and land in order to get to anything is definitely going to be an adjustment for this city girl. On a funny side note, in our first trip to "the city" we stopped to get gas. As I was walking in to pay, I heard really loud rap music coming from a car that had just pulled up. I turned around expecting to see maybe a low rider or a nice truck with rims, etc. Well, what I saw was this little old beat up farm truck with a white guy with his hair braided in cornrows and beads. Yup, things are a little different up here.

No comments: