Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ahh, life.


So this is the image that I prefer to keep in my head during incidents like the following. Naiya is laying on our bed and Melia leans over to start talking to her. Naiya's hand gets caught in Melia's hair and becomes locked in a death grip. She then proceeds to pull on Melia's hair. Melia starts to scream with a look of hurt and betrayal on her face that seemed to say, "Why is my baby sister hurting me?!" So then Naiya gets scared and begins to scream too. I come over and try to get Naiya to release her Kung Fu grip, but I have no success. Who knew that such a tiny little baby could have such incredibly strong fingers? Anyway, I continue to try to pry her hand open while the two of them continue to scream. It was one of those situations where you can either become totally stressed or laugh. I tried to keep my laughter in though seeing as how my girls were both so distressed. By the time I finally got Naiya to let go, she had a big chunk of Melia's hair stuck between her fingers. It took Melia 10 or 15 minutes to walk around and finally calm down so I could explain to her that Naiya doesn't know how to open her hands on her own and didn't mean to hurt her. Luckily, kids bounce back quickly and a little while later Melia was sitting with Naiya again talking to her about how she doesn't know how to open her hands. :)


This is what happens when two 3 year olds are left in the bathroom by themselves for 5 minutes. Melia and her friend, Holly, found my lipstick and proceeded to smear it all over their faces. By the time we found them, Melia had already soaked the bathroom hand towel and wiped most of hers off. She was about to start wiping Holly's face when she was caught red handed.


After biting Cinderella's head off, Melia "fixed" her.

1 comment:

JonandLo said...

Ha! I love that Melia was later explaining things to little Naiya. How cute! So life with two...how you doing? I'm sure it's a huge adjustment...but looks like it's going great!