Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fires are Back!


I woke up this morning at 8am and had to double check what time it was because it looked dark outside. Turns out there's a new fire on the other side of Paradise and the smoke and ash were so thick that everything looked dark. Bo's aunt and uncle and their 5 kids, two dogs, 2 birds, 1 fish and a plethora of plants have been evacuated and are staying with us tonight. The more the merrier, huh? Anyway, all of them, plus Bo's mom, grandma and aunt are leaving on a vacation tomorrow, so we'll stay here and hold down the fort with all of the animals, his uncle's boat, motor home, quad, etc. We're just hoping we don't have to evacuate too while they're gone! Life is just full of interesting experiences.

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

Goodness, I just read about it on the news. I do hope everyone is o.k. and stay that way. By the way I loved the artistic pictures. We got your message and I'll be giving you a call later today! Love ya!