Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Freedom!

Ok, so I finally got a weekend away ALL BY MYSELF! It only took me--well, how old is Melia now? 2 1/2? My mom and I have kind of a tradition where we go to this fundraiser event for the Ettie Lee Boys home every 6 months. It's at the Disneyland Hotel and they have this huge boutique so we shop for a couple of hours and then have lunch at the banquet hall in the hotel. Then they have entertainment after lunch. It's a fun girls day. So anyway, I thought I wouldn't be able to go this time because we're in Northern California now, but my mom flew me down for the weekend so I could go. Thanks mom! :) Let me tell you, it was soooo nice to be able to go through the whole trip without any responsibility and without anyone to take care of except for me. :) I actually got to read, get up when I wanted, do what I wanted whenever I wanted. I forgot what that was like! I did miss Melia and Bo and I was happy to see them when I got home, but it was a really, really nice break. Plus, I got to see my family and friends which made it even better. :)

2 comments:

Ettie Lee Youth and Family Services said...

Laura...My name is Vicki and I work for Ettie Lee. We subscribe to Google Alerts and were "alerted" to your blog where Ettie Lee was mentioned. How great is that, so I wanted to write to ask you if you wanted to be on our mailing list. So glad you got a chance to get away for a couple of days with your mom and came on down to the luncheon. Vicki

Jeff and Amy said...

When I went to my high school reunion a month ago I got a weekend away too. It was definitely nice to be able to do what I wanted when I wanted, and I even read a whole book while at the airport and on the plane - it was so nice! So I understand your feelings of freedom. But of course it's nice to get back home to the fam. Moms need those times away every now and then!