Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This is how I found Melia in our room right before I was about to start getting her ready to go Trunk or Treating for Halloween. She had already taken matters into her own hands. She found what she calls her "Mermaid hair" and "daddy's makeup" and went to town. This Halloween is the first one where she started to understand what was going on, so it was a lot of fun to get her dressed up and take her out. She dressed up like Sleeping Beauty and Bo and I used our fallback costumes that we use just about every year. Except we actually only had parts of them to use this year. I don't know what happened to my funky 70's outfit. Lost in the move?
Overall, fun Halloween. We did have a "bad parent" moment though. After she went to bed, (and had already eaten some of her candy) Bo and I pretty much ate the rest of her candy. I know, I know it's terrible--but, hey, we saved her from eating a bunch of junk. Better us than her, right? :) She never missed it anyway!

2 comments:

Piper said...

So cute, mama! Impressed she started getting ready on her own- Porter did that once with black eyeliner- but not on Halloween!

Olivia said...

Hey Laura! I'm glad I'm not the only one snaking her kid's Halloween bounty. Sierra's had three pieces of candy, and Brian and I, we've had about 200!