Sunday, July 5, 2009

June? July?! What?


Where does the time go? I don't know. It's now been a whole month since I've updated this and a lot has been going on, so here's a little bit. First of all, our friends, Chris, Vicky and Lenore came up for a visit for the last time before they move back to So. Cal. We had a good time like always when we see them. Melia and Lenore were so cute playing and dancing together.


I'm not exactly sure why, but I would have to say that Chris is definitely Melia's favorite out of all of our friends. She's always excited to see him no matter how much time has passed since we've seen him and she likes to spend most of her time talking to him, sitting with him, holding his hand when we're walking, etc. She even noticed when I reframed our group wedding picture and Chris got covered up because he was up in a corner. When I showed her the picture in the new frame, I pointed out Grandpa and Grandma and other relatives and Melia's response was, "But where's Chris?" I have since found a bigger mat for the frame so that Chris shows again. :)

So Bo and I decided that we were tired of not doing anything up here besides taking care of the kids and going out to eat occasionally for "fun". So we started looking into other stuff to do. One of the things we found was a hike down to a river that was pretty fun. We had a good time and it was so great to just get out into nature again and enjoy.


That's my little smiley!

Another thing we found was the "water hole". It's this place where they dammed up part of a river and paved the bottom, so now it's like a huge swimming pool. We had fun swimming and Melia is getting more and more comfortable in the water, which is good except for when I'm not paying attention. :) So the other day, we went swimming with my friend and her daughter at the pool in the gym here. Melia and my friend's daughter were playing on the stairs and my friend and I were chatting just a couple of feet away in the water. Earlier, Melia had been jumping to me in the water and I guess she decided that she was going to do it again. The only problem was that I didn't realize she was jumping to me. So I look over and see this green thing at the bottom of the pool next to my leg. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that this green thing was Melia's bathing suit and that Melia was under the water. I grabbed her and picked her up trying to stay cool so she wouldn't freak out about it cause she's not used to going under the water--especially not by herself with no one holding her. Luckily, she was fine and I was able to convince her that she was such a big girl jumping all by herself. Child protective services hasn't showed up yet, so I think I'm good.

1 comment:

Piper said...

YEa- those stinkers get so comfortable in the water you can't take your eyes off them for a second! I took the kids to the pool a couple weeks ago and Porter grabbed a toy from the wading pool and literally threw it straight into the deep pool as he was running to jump in and fetch it. YEAAA... Talk about a quick change- Maia jumped out of the wading pool as soon as she saw what was happening and I put Graham on the chair and she seamlessly ran over to sit with him as I ran to pull Porter out of the water. I am so thankful she is like a little mommy- I didn't even have to ask her to help with Graham- she just knew in an instant!

BTW: Yes- we are moving and excited!!