Monday, March 29, 2010

A Moment

Yesterday at church I had this little lightbulb moment. It was testimony Sunday and one of our little 5 year old girls got up and wanted to give her testimony. She was a little shy, so her mom whispered what to say in her ear. As I listened to her say things like "I know God loves me." "I love my family." and "I am grateful to come to church.", it struck me that this mother whispering in her daughter's ear was like a physical picture of a mother passing on her faith and knowledge of God and life and what's important and what it's all about to her daughter. That moment was pretty cool and I'm grateful I get to be a mom and that I have so much light given to me in my life that I can pass on to my girls. :)

3 comments:

Piper said...

LOVE it, Laura. Thank you so much for sharing this moment of enlightenment. May we all have children who listen as we whisper in their ears- in preparation for listening to that still, small voice that is just as real...

Palmyra said...

You are such a good Mommy! Me and Caleb have learned tons just by watching you. I especially admire your inner strength and testimony. We love you guys!

Vicky said...

That's cool. I'm always too busy occupying my crazy 3-year old to listen. Anyhow- I figured that this might be the only way you get this news since you are never on facebook, but it is for sure a boy and a girl that we are having. Sorry that I will miss your visit to SoCal- unless you decide to stay longer than just for Vero's wedding. I'll try to call sometime soon.