Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sugar, Sugar

My name is Laura and I'm a sugar addict. Yes, it's true. Sugar has become my drug of choice and it's starting to really bum me out. Not only is it totally bad for me health wise, it's keeping me from fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes, which is not only depressing but it's getting cold up here and I can't fit into my pants. :(
So here's the thing--I eat pretty healthy all day long for all my meals and snacks. I don't have any sugar during the day. But night hits and I'm exhausted and I fall in front of the TV and the cookie dough starts calling my name. Actually, it calls my name throughout the day and I look forward to the night time when I can sit down with some sweet stuff and just take a break. That's the thing--it's like my treat, my reward, my break. And I don't know how to not do it. I mean, I've broken the cycle in the past, but I always fall back into it. I want it and I don't want it. You know what I mean? It's good in the moment, but then I regret it afterward. The whole weight thing is just getting to me lately. It's not like I think I'm huge or anything--I just want to get back to fitting in my clothes and be at my normal weight. Somewhere during pregnancy, an extra 15 pounds snuck onto my body and it's been 7 months now and none of it has gone away. I keep psyching myself up to do something about it, but I find my efforts are always thwarted by something. My latest thing is the P90X workout system. Yes, I saw it on an infomercial and yes, I always end up wanting to try almost everything I see on infomercials. I admit it. Only this time I didn't have to buy it because Bo's co-worker lent it to us. It's 12 different workout DVDs that are pretty extreme. I was all set to be buff in 90 days, but so far every week that I've started getting up early and doing it, something has happened and I've only done it like a handful of times. Anyway, bottom line is I need to break this sugar habit. Not really sure how to do it though. I'm sure some of you can relate to what I'm talking about. Others may think I'm complaining about nothing. Whatever your take is on it is fine. It's just been my struggle lately and I decided to blog about it because life isn't all just fun events to report on.

3 comments:

Piper said...

Laura- I have the same issue- sugar sings to me. The only way I have found to get past it is to stock lots of fresh fruit and NOT the refined sugars. I LOVE to have apples dipped in PB as a late night treat, but if there are cookies or anything else present I go straight for those. Hope it helps knowing you are not the only one!!!

Yes, some people might say you just need to go get some other pants and get over it, but I know it is expensive and it would just be SO much better to get in shape and move forward!! I am behind you- let us know how you workouts go!!

The Little Thompson said...

hallo to joo. we have a buddy here in my et school that has those dvd's and we were talking about starting doing it with him. It sounds like you can get really fit really quick if you stick with it. let us know how it goes how you like it and evertang.

boot2thhead said...

My addiction is those chocolate covered Donut holes that some how keep finding themselves on the same shelf every week. And my answer to the clothes thing is.....elastic waste bands. I know it's probably easier for a guy, but that was the greatest invention for those of us that routinely like to changes sizes. ;) Love ya sweetie. We'll figure this out one day.