Monday, February 9, 2009

No Gestational Diabetes for Me!!!

So the last three months of my pregnancy with Melia was spent poking my finger 4 times a day to check my blood sugar levels, following a strict diet (boo!), thinking about if it's been long enough since I last ate to eat again or if it's been too long and I need to eat something, having to take walks at all hours after finding out my blood sugar was too high, yearning to be able to eat something sweet or more than 2 french fries at a time, and worrying that my baby would be born with a huge head or something. Ahh, the joys of having gestational diabetes. They say that once you get it, you will usually have it for all your pregnancies and will be more likely to develop it later in life. So, needless to say, I was not looking forward to taking that blood sugar level test this time to see if I had it again. But I've been drinking Monavie juice every day (which has a great effect on stabilizing blood sugar levels) and I've been exercising, so I was hoping for the best and....my tests came back completely normal this time!! I can't even tell you how relieved and excited I was! It's so nice to just be able to eat what I want and not worry about that whole thing. Now I just need to watch it and not go crazy and blow up like a balloon. :)

4 comments:

Piper said...

ROCK ON!!

SO much better this way- the stress alone is terrible with your first situation. Now you can relax!

Miss you guys!!

Jeff and Amy said...

That is a huge fear for me because when it comes to needles or blood I am the biggest wuss. So congrats on not having it this time!!

Palmyra said...

Yeay!! Laura that is such good news!! I was sure they would come back negative because you take such good care of your health, but its nice to have it confirmed.

JonandLo said...

So glad you don't have to worry about that. Doesn't sound like too much fun. We are excited for you guys.