Monday, February 23, 2009

???

Not really sure what to write about today, but I'm doing it. Let's pick a random topic....baseball cards. A few years ago, my mom gave me 2 shoe boxes full of my dad's baseball cards from when he was a kid. Well, last week I finally looked into getting some help to see how much they are worth and it looks like we have some that are going to be worth some money. So I was going through them and trying to organize them and I found myself wondering how a little card board card could be worth any money, let alone lots of money. And to think that people actually have whole shops dedicated to baseball cards and that people will pay crazy amounts of money for certain cards. I don't get it. I guess maybe if I liked baseball more I would understand it better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. There are lots of things that don't appeal to me at all but seem very valuable to other people.

I guess something doesn't have value because everyone wants it but because someone wants it.

I'm not surprised that you don't see the value in the baseball cards. I still remember a comment you made in Sunday School in the Passons Ward so long ago. You equated committing a foul in basketball with committing a sin.

I got mad enough then to remember that all these years, funny!