Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day, Bo definitely scored some points. He had 3 different surprises all planned out. First was his surprise for Melia and I. He packed us up in the car and drove us out to the middle of nowhere (not hard to do around here), and as we pull up to where we are stopping, the first thing I see is this huge tiger! No, not just roaming around free--in a cage. Anyway, it was a wildlife sanctuary where they take in animals with special needs. Ok, if you know me at all, you will know that this was the perfect place to take me. :) And Melia too. She loves animals and it was amazing to be able to see them all so close up. I mean, I've seen tigers and stuff at zoos before, but they are always pretty far away. At this place, we literally stood like 5 feet away from them. I never realized how massive they are! We also found out that they have the ability to spray their scent from their butts at a distance of up to like 10 feet. We had to dodge a couple of times.
They had lions, tigers, mountain lions, panthers, coyotes, otters, birds, owls, snakes, lizards, and some animals I had never heard of. Oh, and they actually had a "Liger"--just like Napolean Dynamite was talking about. :) Anyway, we had a really good time there.


Later, Bo's second surprise was just for me. He took me to a lookout point overlooking this huge canyon that we live by. His intention was to watch the sunset, but it was overcast, rainy and freezing. Needless to say, we didn't get to see the sunset, but hey, it's the thought that counts right? It was still beautiful. That night, we went out to eat at Olive Garden, which is a real treat for us because we don't get to go out to eat that often anymore. (you know, money. Or lack of.) His last surprise for me was taking me to this little live theater in Chico called the Blue Room. The show was "The Twilight Zone". I know, kind of random, but it was actually pretty cool. A friend from Bo's work was in it. Anyway, overall it was a fun day. It's nice to be surprised and to know that Bo put in the effort to plan it all out. I'm grateful to have a good husband. :)

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

Good Job Bo!! He's also a great brother in law, I remember that as my pregnancy moved along he would always ask me how I was doing and show concern, in other words, you could tell he really cared. :)