Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1st Time in a Big Bed


So yesterday was Melia's first time sleeping in a regular bed instead of a crib. She did fine during the night, but I wasn't sure what to expect during her nap time. We've always just had her in her crib and she would take a nap and then wake up and play til we came to get her. So now that she has the freedom to get out, I wasn't sure what she would do. I put her down at the usual time and she was excited to be in the bigger bed. She stayed pretty quiet during the whole nap time and when I went in to get her, she was still in the bed. But as I approached her, I noticed something was different. She had gone to bed in a yellow shirt and jeans. Now she was wearing a red shirt and shorts! I asked her about it and she said she changed her clothes to stay warmer. She makes me laugh. :) At least she didn't try to escape the room or something. If the worst thing she does during nap time is change outfits, we'll be in good shape!

1 comment:

Jeff and Amy said...

I'm glad it went so well for you. I am dreading the day that I put Porter in a real bed. He stays so nicely in his crib until I come in and I have no idea what he'll do with his freedom when it comes. I am holding off for as long as possible :)