Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trip to So Cal--Day 2 Where Else Would We Possibly Go?


So just about everyone knows that my favorite place in the world to be is at the beach. Since we live like 4 hours from the beach now, the first destination on our trip was obvious.


We went with my friends, Vicky & Vero, and Melia's friend, Lenore (Vicky's daughter) while Grandma Sue watched Naiya. Thanks mom. And a big shout out to Vicky for not only going, but driving us all considering she hates the beach! :)


We had a fun time and Melia and Lenore LOVED playing in the water! So did I. :)

That night, Vicky, Vero & I had a girls' night out in a part of LA called Little Tokyo. There's one little Japanese restaurant that we like to go to and chat about what's in the mindless magazines they have there to read and talk about life while we eat delicious food.

I am addicted to gyoza, so I get that every time. Vero is always undecided on what she wants to get, but definitely always plays it safe. Vicky usually gets something that either smells or looks funny and always tries unsuccessfully to get us to try it.
I was kind of bummed because Vero was leaving on a trip to Utah the next day so we only had one day together--but it was a good day. :) I have to say that, although none of the three of us are very sappy toward each other in person, we have an unspoken appreciation for each other and I don't think there is doubt in any of our minds that we are there for each other through the good and the bad. I'm deeply grateful to have friends like them in my life. Ok, no more sappy stuff. :)

No comments: