Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trip to So Cal--Day 6 & 7 Lots of Good Eating and Good Friends


Tuesday we had lunch with 2 of our good friends, James and Alisha, at my favorite restaurant, Red Robin. The closest Red Robin to us now is an hour and a half away, so it was a treat for me! It was fun catching up with them--we miss them! They need to take a road trip up here to see us soon!


So that night, Vicky and I went out and ended up in Uptown Whittier at Rocky Cola Cafe. Man, that place brought back some memories! I haven't been there in years! Anyway, I couldn't decide between the apple pie and the oreo shake, so I got them both. Vicky bet me a dollar that I couldn't finish them both. Silly, Vicky. Always underestimating me. :)


Here is angelic Vicky with her huge salad. I bet her a dollar that she couldn't finish it.


Yes, I finished it all. Not something I should be particularly proud of, but it is a good source of income on the side. Actually that dollar is from our waiter. Just as I finished, he came by and Vicky says, "She just finished all of both desserts! You should give her a dollar." He then tossed a dollar on the table for me. :)


Needless to say, Vicky did not finish her whole salad and turned to french fries to console herself. She owes me $2. :)

No comments: