Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Melia's First Testimony



A few weeks ago, it was testimony meeting at church. Once a month, they allow members of the congregation to get up in the front and give their testimonies about Jesus Christ and how he has affected their lives. Whoever wants to can, and so Melia said she wanted to. I followed her up there thinking I would probably just whisper in her ear what to say, like "I love Jesus." or "I'm grateful for my family." etc. But we got up there to the microphone and Melia just totally took over all on her own. She talked about Jesus and the boat and the big waves (She got that from a video that we have that shows Jesus fishing with his apostles). Then she talked about how Jesus likes to buy her pretty dresses. :) It was adorable and I felt so blessed to be her mom and be able to watch her learn and grow in this life. It also made me feel good to see how comfortable she is with herself to be able to get up in front of all those people and speak with no fear. Every week since then, she asks me when it's going to be her turn again. Well, her long wait will be over this coming Sunday. But lately she's been talking about how Sleeping Beauty and the prince dance with Heavenly Father because at the end of the movie it shows them dancing up into the clouds. So Bo and I are going to do a little lesson with her for our Family Home Evening about what to talk about in a testimony so we don't have any Sleeping Beauty stories in church. :)

No comments: