Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leisurely Walk? I Think Not.

The night after we got back from our trip, Bo started feeling nauseous and felt kind of sick for the next few days. Last night, Melia came out of her room at 10:30pm crying and covered in throw up. This morning, I started feeling nauseous. After breakfast, Melia projectile vomitted across the room. Naiya is going through this phase where she only wants to be held by me. Since we've been back from our trip, she not only wants to be held by me instead of other people--she wants to be held by me period. All the time. So after a morning inside the house with all of us not feeling so great, I decided we needed to get out. We didn't have a car, so I loaded the girls up in the really old double stroller and went out for a "leisurely walk". My thinking was, "I'm not feeling so good, but I feel a little better. We need to get out of the house. I'll just take it easy on this walk." I don't know what made me think there is such a thing as a leisurely walk in Paradise, seeing as how there is no flat ground. It is either up hill or down hill. And the uphill starts with our driveway which is looong and is at an incline of like 30 degrees which feels like 90 degrees when you're pushing a 20 pound baby and a 38 pound almost 4 year old in a big old double stroller. So by the time I got to the top of the driveway, I was already breathing heavy. Just down our street a little way, there is another huge hill. As I pushed the stroller up the hill, I started to feel more nauseous again. I pressed on for another 15 minutes or so and then decided to give it up. I look forward to the time when we live somewhere with flat sidewalks again. :)

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

lol that stinks! I'm so sorry Laura! I hope everyone is feeling better now? It was really nice seeing you guys. I love to see Alex play with Melia!