Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're Back!


Happy New Year! We just got back from a week and a half long vacation to Southern California and it was a lot of fun! We spent most of our time with our families, but we were able to squeeze a few friends in too. There were many more that we wish we could have seen, but we just ran out of time. Although we stayed up late every night and I had to get up early every morning with the girls, I came home feeling pretty rejuvinated. I guess actually more mentally than physically. :) This past semester had really taken a toll on us with Bo being gone so much and so stressed out all the time. We literally had almost zero time together. I was so caught up in taking care of the kids and never really getting much of a break or getting out to do fun "grown up" stuff. Looking back, I think I was a little depressed. Anyway, it was so good to have Bo there every day all day and be surrounded by wonderful people on this trip. To just have fun and play games and laugh every day more than I have in a long time was so refreshing! It made me realize that we need that kind of stuff in our lives to stay balanced. I came back with a better perspective on things and I feel more motivated to do things now. I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions, but now is as good a time as any to think about what I really want in my life. More fun for this year definitely!

1 comment:

Piper said...

Good call, Mama! Of course, fun has always been a top priority at our house... :) And it is just that way for exactly that reason- we all find a serious lack of sanity without a decent amount of fun in the day.

Talked to Lisa today and heard we got voted down for dinner because we live ALL the way in Riverside. :( We are fine for a drive- count us in next time! Love you guys!! Sorry we missed you this time!