Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Evolution of Bo's Face

So, as many of you have seen, in the past few months I have lost my husband under a massive amount of hairiness on his face. What made him want to grow a beard? I don't know. What made him want to let it grow so long that he looks like a lumberjack, a member of the Arian Nation, or a terrorist? I don't know. What made him brush it upwards and go to our church Christmas party like that? I don't know. All I know is that I missed his face and after months of waiting, the moment arrived where he finally decided to shave it.


But...he couldn't simply give me what I wanted all at once. He had to drag it out for as long as possible. So he decided to shave it off in stages.


First, he shaved it into the Fu Man Chu look.


Bo's hidden talent--accesorizing.


The next day, he tried the mustache with the flavor saver.
The next day, he went for the cop look--just the mustache. Unfortunately, we have no pictures of that one.


Finally, he shaved it all off! There was much celebrating and dancing in the streets. (Side note: This is what happens when a large man tries to crawl through a little girl's play tunnel.)

About a week later, he grew back his good old goatee. That's the way I like him best. All is well in the world again. :)

4 comments:

Piper said...

Love it! so fun that you documented the stages- even if you missed one. :) I also have to say, though- I would have enjoyed seeing a picture with it combed upwards- what an interesting concept!

Palmyra said...

Ha Ha!! That is hilarious! Thanks for the visuals, they are priceless.

Jeff and Amy said...

Jeff does the same thing when he shaves! I guess when you're a guy with short hair you have to do something fun with your hair.

Kerri said...

men and their facial hair.....i'll never understand it.