Monday, January 12, 2009

Our Holly, Jolly Christmas

Things have been a kind of crazy lately. It all started on Christmas Eve morning as we were all packed and ready to go to the airport to fly down to So. Cal. for Christmas to see our families. That is when we realized that our plane tickets were actually for dates that had already passed. Great. After spending an hour on the phone with the airline, we came to the realization that we weren't going to be flying down for Christmas. So, not wanting to miss out on seeing everyone for Christmas, we jumped in our car and made the 9 hour drive down. Melia actually did really well, which we were grateful for, but by the time we got there, I was sick, sick, sick. I had a fever and head cold.
I spent most of Christmas Day knocked out at Bo's family's house. Melia had lots of fun dancing in her "beautiful dress" with Grandma Carol and everybody else. Everyone seemed to enjoy Christmas together from what I could tell as I drifted in and out of consciousness. :)

By the evening, I dragged myself up so we could go to my family's house for more Christmas. I pretty much just propped myself up on a couch as decoration for most of the night. Despite feeling crappy, it was really good to see everyone in our families again. We spent the next day at my mom's house and then made the drive back up to Paradise the next day. Bo's family was driving up in a motor home to stay at our house for a week (which I'll explain in my next blog--I don't want to get too lengthy here), so we caravaned with them and, although it took 12 hours, it was nice because I got to lay down for part of the time. The bad thing was that by the time we got home, Bo and Melia both had gotten what I had and were really sick. Plus, Bo's brother, Micah's baby, Wyatt, had been throwing up for most of the trip. When we got home, we were met by 23 of Bo's family members that were all going to be staying with us for a week. To be continued....

1 comment:

Palmyra said...

Ha, ha! 23 doesn't sound like a lot does it? But when they are in one house...crazy. Fun, but crazy. Im thinking you are enjoying your peace and quiet? Hey, did you get any pictures of Bo and his Michael Jackson impersonation? That was cool!